Facing the China Wuhan Coronavirus pandemic
I hope to find you well.
As China's Wuhan coronavirus spread all over the world, we need to seriously face this pandemic together.
California has already instituted a stay at home order (https://covid19.ca.gov/img/EssentialCriticalInfrastructureWorkers.pdf)
Those who go out for essentials are asked to stay six feet distance from others.
The reason being that: ( https://apple.news/ATWmOdE4STTmvJCBdURGDTQ )
* The droplets can stay in the air for hours.
* The virus can be on surfaces up to days.
* Those who are carriers of the virus may not have symptoms.
As I follow the progression of the China Wuhan virus since Radio Free Asia first reported it on January 2, I have followed some of the practices that those who survived the illness have observed.
* Wash your hands. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PmVJQUCm4E )
* Keep hydrated. Chinese people all drink hot or warm water according to Chinese medicine.
* Get sunshine for vitamin D for a healthy immune system.
* Do deep breathing exercise. Diamond Princess cruise survivor practiced deep breathing to expand the lungs.
At point 20 of this video, the patient explains his lung got cleared ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2E1t3yMXgE )
This is the breathing exercise he uses ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p329t40gk78 )
* Use of inhaled hormones.
Dr. Ai Fan who watched her colleagues fall one after another at the Wuhan hospital indicated that the reason she did not get the virus could be the fact that "I have asthma, and using some inhaled hormones may inhibit the deposition of these viruses in the lungs."
As my husband and I isolate ourselves, we also practice other daily routines:
* We change all our newspapers print subscriptions to digital online.
* After we pick up our daily mail, we put it in a box and let it sit for two days outside. Wash our hands after pick up.
* Wear gloves to get gas and discard the gloves afterwards.
* Only use credit card to pay for anything so you won't get cash back. Cash can have virus on it.
When we as a community work together to help to flatten this curve of China Wuhan virus, we will be successful.
Praying for a healthy you.