YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO JOIN VISUAL ARTISTS GUILD
On Sunday, November 18, 2018 in Pasadena, California
TO SUPPORT FREEDOM OF RELIGION IN CHINA
Please help bring attention to the persecution in China of
*Uighur Muslims in Xinjiang province 新彊維吾爾族
*Tibetan Buddhism in Tibet 西臧佛教徒
*Catholics in the Underground Church 中國地下天主教徒
*House Church Christians 中國家庭基督教徒
WHERE: Pasadena Doo-Dah Parade – FREE, see map below
We are one of the groups in the parade:
The Great Firewall of China Marching Brigade.
DATE: Sunday, November 18, 2018
The parade starts at 11:00 a.m.
TIME: Do join us and be part of the parade.
Please be there by 10 a.m. to practice our skits.
Volunteers are needed!
No experience necessary
Our aim is to present the current situation in China in a way that is readily understood by the general audience.
+(4) people to dress as Chinese police
+(2) people represent Uighur Muslims
+(2) people represent Tibetans
+(2) people represent Underground Catholics
+(2) people represent House Church Christians
+Others are welcome to join in carrying signs on human rights (white T-shirt, dark pants.)
MEET: On Nina St, between Altadena Dr. and Vindeo Ave. at Pasadena, see Map below
INFORMATION: Visual Artists Guild, Ann Lau 310-433-0697, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Since 2016, there are an estimated a million Uighurs Muslim minorities in Xinjiang, China's westernmost province, who have been put in re-education camps which China's Communist Party claim as "vocational centers".
* China has pressured Egypt and Turkey to forcibly repatriate Chinese Muslims; upon their arrival in China, they immediately disappear.
* One of the world’s largest Tibetan Buddhist academies was demolished last year.
* Tibetan monks and nuns have been imprisoned. Many Tibetan monks and nuns have committed self-immolation as a desperate act.
* Catholic bishops and priests and Christian pastors who refuse to follow the state mandate, are often put in jail.
* Churches are stripped of outside crosses and statues. Many churches have also been ordered destroyed by the authorities.
* Jesus and saints' pictures are replaced with Mao and Xi Jinping's pictures at the Church altar
* No one under 18 is allowed to enter a church.
* No discussions of the Bible or meetings on Christian doctrine are allowed outside the church.