HELP FREE THE HUMAN RIGHTS
LAWYERS IN CHINA
WHERE: Pasadena Doo-Dah Parade – FREE, see map below
We are one of the groups in the parade:
The Great Firewall of China Marching Brigade of Visual Artists Guild
DATE: Sunday, November 22, 2015
The parade starts at 11:00 a.m
TIME: Do join us and be part of the parade; please be there by 10:00 a.m.
No experience necessary. Wear dark color business suits or attire. Carry a briefcase.
We will provide signs with names and photos of the detained lawyers.
MEET: Meet on Nina St, between Altadena Dr and Vindeo Ave in Pasadena
Since the massive crackdown in China this year on human rights lawyers:
- Over 300 lawyers, staffs, activists have been beaten, threatened, criminally detained
- Over 28 lawyers are still detained with 25 held incommunicado or missing
- Only two lawyers have been allowed to meet with lawyers
- Lawyers who volunteered to represent the detained lawyers are themselves detained
- Family members have been questioned, threatened and under surveillance
- The sons of three lawyers have been refused passports to go abroad to study.
- China's government continued to claim that they follow the rule of law and denied the evidence of those lawyers detained
- Lawyer Gao Zhisheng continued to be denied medical access or travel since he was released from prison after 3 years of solitary confinement and tortured